VoteRunLead is hiring! Digital Director to change the game for women + politics
Position: Digital Director (Social Media)
Type: Full-time, with possible part-time on-ramp available
Location: NYC, MN, Boston preferred but open and flexible
The Digital Director will be responsible for Invitation Nation, an unprecedented social and digital media campaign to reach millions of men and women and get hundreds of thousands of women leaders invited to run. The DD will also manage and produce day-to-day online content and help develop long-term digital strategies for the VoteRunLead platform and social media networks, including the management of the largest online database of politically viable women in the country. The Digital Director will maintain VRLs website, email lists, and social media programs and manage the technical consultant team. The Digital Director will work very closely with the VRL Leadership, PR consultant team, and alumnae, and will answer to the Executive Director.
· Help develop and execute Invitation Nation, a national social and digital media campaign that aims to reach 5 million users by 2016, resulting 500,000 members in the VoteRunLead platform. Create a “turn-key” partnership action kit for Invitation Nation.
· Manage all technical operations, including web-based resources, email, social media, etc. Oversee the launch of our member-profiles system, set for 2015, in partnership with technical consultant team.
· Manage organization’s social media accounts. Produce clear, creative, concise content with visual appeal that is shared widely by an online audience.
· Produce web content including webinars (curriculum developed by program team) as well as manage “VRL Live” online programming. Oversee video production (shooting / editing).
· Use analytics to drive online actions, turn members out to off-line events, build email lists, and online fundraising campaigns as well as online paid media campaigns.
· Oversee and drive membership-based and geographically-based communications strategies, which turn women’s ideas into creative campaigns around personal stories with emotional appeal, to encourage more women to vote, run and lead.
· Manage technical consultant team, Liberty Concepts, and liaise with PR team, Camino PR.
· Everyone raises money at VoteRunLead; everyone contributes to content development. Ideas welcomed and encouraged.
· Creativity. Ability to think in a fun and strategic way.
· Committed to women’s leadership and the hustle it will take to the change the ratio permanently by 2020.
· HTML and basic CSS knowledge.
· Ability to manage large CRM and CMS, such as ActionKit, and code email in HTML.
· Competency with both Google (gmail, docs, spreadsheets) and Microsoft (Word, Excel) tools.
· Preferred, but not required: Familiarity with any or all of the following: Google Analytics, Textpattern, Drupal, WordPress.
· Preferred, but not required: Basic Audio & Video editing. Blogging experience, both in developing and managing content.
· Experience in a fast-paced campaign atmosphere is a must. Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team environment. Diplomatic and professional approach to problem-solving.
· Strong oral and written communications skills with willingness to follow research-tested message discipline.
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills. Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
· Must be a self-starter. Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment and discretion.
VoteRunLead is a national, nonpartisan organization that unleashes the power of women leaders in democracy through training, technology and community. We aim for large-scale impact on women’s representation never before seen in the United States. By harnessing social networks as a new and powerful recruitment tool, creating an online platform to learn to run and lead, and conducting in-person trainings that build community, VoteRunLead will fuel women’s ambition for political leadership and close the knowledge gap around politics for women from all classes, cultures and colors.
VoteRunLead trained over 15,000 women for civic and political leadership from 2004-2012 as the signature program of the White House Project. The co-creators of the VoteRunLead spent a year of analysis, reflection and planning to design a better and more sustainable way to carry the work forward. In the last year, we’ve updated the award-winning curriculum, acquired the constituent list of 80,000 leaders, including alumnae, and are building the only online platform for women to learn to lead. This year, we are excited to launch VoteRunLead as an innovative organization working at intersection of women, political leadership, and technology.
Send resume, cover letter, and 2 references to:
Info@VoteRunLead.org and a real person will get back to you.
Just blogging for the masses, ya dig?